Make Your Meetings Work For You: Design and run your meetings so they work effectively for you and all your attendees (The New Manager's Survive & Thrive Guides)
Andrew D. Pope
Format: Print Length
Format: PDF / Kindle / ePub
Size: 9.5 MB
Downloadable formats: PDF
Do you want to end the misery of mind-deadening business meetings?
Do you want to take a stand and regain control? Do you want more time for the things you need to do?
It can be done and this book will show you the way.
Whether you are a new or inexperienced manager or even a relatively experienced and seasoned professional manager, meetings can be a considerable cause of worry and stress. If the thought of organising any sort of meeting let alone an effective one is causing you concern then you can stop worrying right now. With a little know-how and practice you can learn to control all your meetings rather than have them control you.
If you have been struggling with a meeting heavy calendar and your valuable time is being eaten away by them then this guide will give you a different perspective on your meeting attendance management and lots of practical ways to maximise the value of the meetings you do attend.
If any of the above applies to you then you should definitely be reading and acting on the contents of this guide. It is part of a whole series aimed squarely at new, inexperienced or keen to improve managers and supervisors.
I believe success in modern professional life, at least at the line manager and supervisor level, is all about the little victories. This book is about achieving a series of such little victories over the ravenous time destroying beast we call the meeting. Clawing back time and resources bit by bit can add up to a substantial saving. Do not let meetings overwhelm you. Take a stand and fight back.
Amongst other things, by the end of this guide:
- You will understand the very real costs of running or attending time-wasting pointless meetings.
- You will gain a new perspective on the value or cost of personally attending meetings and what you can do to maximise your value when you do attend.
- You will learn how to plan, design, organise, run and follow-up meetings in order to maximise their effectiveness and value.
- You will learn how to assertively control attendees and delegates and also when to back down. Not all battles are worth winning.
- You will take away lots of practical transferable tools and techniques to deal with some specific examples of the more difficult personalities who sometimes attend
- You will be challenged to encourage team input into designing new meeting formats or even eliminating them entirely.
- You will be a lot more confident and happy in your new managerial or supervisory role and the people around you will see and appreciate the many positive changes.
In case you are wondering who this Andrew D. Pope character is, please allow me to introduce myself.
I am an author, speaker and communication skills coach. I am based in South Wales in the UK. Everything I do in my life and work is about helping people with emotional resilience, life balance and effective communication.
Life is always a work in progress and we all need a helping hand once in a while.
Developing your options when organising and attending meetings will make you a more effective supervisor, manager and leader. Take full control of your calendar and learn to design meetings which other people might actually want to attend. You will be well on your way to making your meetings work for you.
If all this has got you fired up and ready to go then scroll up right now and buy this book.